West Virginia State Inspections
W.V. State Inspections
As your due date approaches, we recommend getting your inspection sooner rather than later to ensure it's out of the way and you're good for another year. We perform inspections by appointment. Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 304-424-3833
About WV State Inspections
- In West Virginia, most vehicles are required to undergo a safety inspection each year. You'll need to bring a few items with you at this time. Refer to the list below to ensure you receive the fastest service.
- Bring with You:
- Proof of WV Car Insurance
- Registration Card
- Payment for inspection fee (no more than $14.77)
- Includes $3 fee for inspection certificate
- During a WV safety inspection, our team checks certain components in your vehicle. Some of the most prominent ones include the safety glass, windshield wipers, bumpers, fenders, frame, exhaust system, fuel system, front end steering components, tires and wheels, brake system components, horn, rearview mirror, lights, and safety belts.
- Passing and Failing
- Passing: After your vehicle passes, we'll put a new state inspection sticker on your windshield. You are now good for another year. Your new sticker will include the date for your next inspection.
- Failing: You'll receive a rejection sticker and need to get your vehicle repaired and re-inspected within 5 days. If you use C&C Service Center for the initial inspection and re-inspection, then only the components that failed will need to be checked and you won't be charged another inspection fee. In the event you need longer than 5 days, the rejection sticker will remain on your vehicle and you may not operate it unless you are traveling from the repair facility to your residence and vice versa.